Our commitment to keeping your trust
We handle all personal information within the company with utmost care, in compliance with the Australian privacy laws.
Why we collect information
We collect information to provide you with the best service that we can. We need this information to deliver products and services to you, to complete transactions on your behalf and to better understand your requirements and preferences.
We may contact you for additional information or verification before accepting any order.
This information also allows us to provide you with offers that are of more specific interest or benefit to you.
How we collect this information
We store your registration and ordering details so that you don’t have to provide them every time you shop with us. The personal information we collect is supplied by you and then verified for our database.
What we collect
The information we collect includes your name, business name, ABN and Trade License number, address, delivery address, phone number and e-mail address.
Sharing your information
We may need to pass personal details such as your name, business name and address to service providers who perform some of our deliveries. This may include major delivery companies, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors.
In special circumstances (for example, if there is a new owner of the business), your information may be transferred as part of that sale. We will not use your information for purposes unrelated to the services we provide without your consent.
We may also provide data to other business partners for various purposes, such as marketing research. In this situation, only details pertaining to the direct transaction and sales of our products will be released.
If you would like to access your personal information, please email your request via the Contact Us page or phone us on 1300 000 909. We take the greatest care to store your personal information securely in order to justify your confidence in shopping with us online.
Only specially cleared team members in our Customer Service Team and in Marketing, Stores, Finance and IT have access to our customers’ personal information. Their access is subject to strict controls and procedures.
About cookies and what they tell us
A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer when you use our website. This information does not personally identify you. It simply tells us what areas of our site your computer has visited. It also tells us if you have selected a product and put it in your shopping basket. It does not tell us your personal identity unless you are registered with us.
We use Google Analytics, Google AdWords Conversion tracker, and other services that place cookies on a browser across the website. These cookies help us increase the website’s effectiveness for our visitors. These cookies are set and read by third parties. We use Google and Bing Webmasters, data from Google Analytics Demographics, Interest Reporting and third-party audience data to help us understand how people find and use our site. This data is used to provide better services and more relevant content to our users based on demographic and interest data.
We also use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the Internet, specifically on the Google Display Network (GDN). As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other third party remarketing system. Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads. You can opt out of Bing ads within Bing profile settings.
We and our third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to:
- Inform, optimise, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website; and
- Find out how ad impressions, ad services, and your interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
Direct marketing by mail and email
By registering or signing up you agree to receive marketing promotions and you can unsubscribe any time. Alternatively you can email email@example.com or call 1300 000 909 to be taken off the list.
Changes to our privacy policies and practices
Our privacy policies and practices are reviewed and regularly updated with customer expectations and legislative changes.
How do we handle customer information?
- We do not collect personal information when you visit our site unless you log on, place an order or register with us.
- When you place an order, you will be asked for the following personal information: your name, Trade License #, e-mail address, mailing address, delivery address, phone number and any specific delivery instructions. We may share this information with third parties which are involved in the processing of your order – for example, the financial institution that issued your credit card and the shipping carrier that will deliver your order.
- JH Market is committed to reducing the risk of fraud. Our policy is to prosecute any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first-time customer, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. If any of the information you provide is found to be false or misleading, we will, if deemed appropriate, report this to the relevant authorities.
- We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
- When you log on to our site, we will ask you your e-mail address and/or user ID.
- When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our website, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely to respond to your inquiries.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may require your name, business name, address, Trade License # and e-mail address in order to assist us in managing the contest and to notify winners. We may ask for other information to enable us to improve our site or to send you special offers.
- Our site contains links to other sites. JH Market is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
- By default, all web server log files capture IP addresses. We may use your IP to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and to track web usage. This information is used internally and is not shared outside the company.
As part of these principles, customers who do not want to receive marketing offers through the mail or on the internet can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 000 909.
As the Federal Government introduces new privacy legislation, JH Market’s privacy policies are reviewed and updated as appropriate.
More information on privacy legislation is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
How we protect customer information
For credit card transactions, JH Market uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This means the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer and then decrypted again when it reaches our company, preventing others from accessing your private information in the process. The payment process utilised by JH Market uses HTTPS and is secured by 128bit SSL encryption. We do not store your credit card details.
How we handle marketing communications
JH Market has found that attractive, graphics-rich emails are a quick, effective and low-cost way to communicate with customers and prospects about new, high-tech products, clearance and auction items. We maintain an opt-out, user-customisable subscription service of email addresses of people requesting promotional emails.
We do not want to send emails to you if you would prefer not to receive them. Therefore, every email provides a way for you to unsubscribe from future emails. Also, you can email email@example.com to manage your subscription. We also have administrative procedures in place to remove email addresses and domains that consistently send failure messages to our email servers.